History of Golf in the Valencian Community
In 1891, the estate called ‘Lomo del Polvo’ gave birth to the first golf course on Spanish soil, later to be known as Real Club de Golf de Las Palmas.
The Real Club de Golf Manises is the Dean of the Golf Clubs in Valencia. Founded in 1954 by the Air Force, it is also one of the pioneers across the country and figures at number sixteen in the Order of Foundation of Spanish Golf Courses.
In the province of Alicante the first golf course was Villamartin Golf Club, federated in 1972.
Currently there is one 36 hole resort, one 27 hole, thirteen 18 hole and three 9 hole golf courses with one Pitch and Putt with 18 holes and four further with 9 holes.
The Association of Golf Courses of the Costa Blanca consists of the following member courses: Club de Golf de Jávea, Club de Golf Ifach, Altea Golf Club, Melia Villaitana Golf Club, Bonalba Golf and Spa Resort, Alicante Golf, Alenda Golf, Font del Llop Golf Resort, La Marquesa Golf, La Finca Golf and Spa Resort, Golf Villamartin, Las Ramblas Golf, Real Club de Golf Campoamor, Lo Romero Golf, Club de Golf Oliva Nova and La Galiana Golf.